The Sydney Trade Union Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Tuesday nights in Surry Hills from 6:05pm. We welcome prospective members. No audition required.
Our usual practice venue is in the Teachers Federation building at 23-33 Mary St Surry Hills.
Any planned changes to our practice timetable will be notified in this paragraph.
The next committee meeting will be on Tuesday the 11th of June at 5pm.
Upcoming dates to plan for:
- 2019-06-14 Bob Hawke Wake at Opera House
- 2019-06-23 Weekend Workshop
- 2019-07-07 Teachers Federation Conference
- 2019-08-23 Singing For The Joy Of It at Marrickville Golf Club
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2019-05-31 Trial of Refugee Activist
- 2019-05-31 PSA Conference
- 2019-05-05 May Day Rally
- 2019-05-03 TAFETA Centenary AGM
- 2019-04-14 Palm Sunday Rally
- 2019-03-09 IWD Rally
- 2019-02-26 Trial of Refugee Activist
- 2019-02-23 Loaded Dog with Strawberry Thieves
- 2019-01-20 Combined Union Choirs at Illawarra Folk Festival
- 2018-11-11 Armistice Day Peace Concert
- 2018-10-18 George Mann at Unions NSW
- 2018-10-10 Laurie Carmichael Memorial
- 2018-10-06 George Mann at Bush Music Club
- 2018-07-28 Newcastle Choir 30th Anniversary
- 2018-07-08 Teachers Federation Conference
- See the History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018.
Be prepared to work on the following songs:
- Anthem (Refugee words)
- Bread and Roses
- Bring Out The Banners
- Bugger The Bankers
- Change the Rules
- Don’t Be Too Polite
- Four Strong Women
- Green Weapons
- Hammer Song
- How I Long For Peace
- I Ain’t Afraid
- If It Weren’t for the Union
- Joe Hill
- Ke Arona
- Let There Be Peace
- Peace Round
- Power in a Union
- Refuge to a Refugee
- Solidarity Forever
- Stand Together
- Tolpuddle Man
- Took the Children Away
- Union Maid (Sally McManus version)
- We Are Building A Strong Union
- We Shall Not Give up the Fight
- What’s That I Hear
- You Gotta Go Down and Join the Union
Here is a link to everything you might need to know about our Yahoo Group. It covers what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.
Gigs in early stages of planning are listed here.